Every now and then, I have a craving for a salty dish and my go-to are Asian inspired ones. I’m not going to lie, I just like using soy sauce. However, I also like to watch my salt content so I make sure to use low sodium soy sauce and counter act it with some acid and sugar. Below is my recipe for Chicken, Shrimp & Broccoli in a Spicy Garlic Teriyaki Sauce. Enjoy!
- Chicken breast
- Uncooked Jumbo Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Broccoli florets
- Black pepper
- 1 White Onion
- 1 head of garlic
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Corn starch
- Red pepper flakes
- ½ Lime or lemon
- Olive oil
Chicken & Shrimp:
- Chop onion into big pieces and set aside.
- Wash broccoli. Set aside.
- Slice your chicken into thin pieces
- Place shrimp and chicken in a mixing bowl
- Season with red pepper flakes, black pepper, lime/lemon
- Feel free to add any garlic or onion powder you have
- Heat skillet with some oil
- Add chicken first and brown.
- Add shrimp last.
- Once the shrimp begins to cook add broccoli, onions, and teriyaki sauce.
- Cook until the shrimp is orange and everything is coated in sauce
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
This is actually a fast and easy dish (don’t kill me, I know I say that about every dish). I always eat this with some rice and lightly fried dumplings that I get from Trader Joe’s. Hope yours comes out just as tasty as mine did!