This dish is simple enough that you’d get it right every time? … WRONG! You’d be surprised how many times you’ll end up with the green eggs on the right instead of the canary yellow ones on the left. It’s really simple and know that there are TONS of ways to get it right. Here’s my own way of doing, which never fails especially in the morning when I’m rushing to work.
- Set a small pot of water to boil.
- In a bowl, place your eggs in warm water while the water comes to boil. (This will prevent your cold eggs from cracking when you place them in the boiling water)
- Once the water has boiled, place eggs into the boiling water.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes (If I have medium eggs then I cook for 10 mins, Large and Jumbo ones I cook 11-12)
- After it’s cooked, run eggs under cold water and peel.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper and enjoy!
Note: Other methods tell you to add vinegar and some say to boil the eggs in cold water… blah, blah, blah. I’ve been doing this for years and this is what works for me. Try it. See if you like. I promise it’s the fastest, simplest method out there!