Can you handle the spice? Here’s a quick tasty recipe for a homemade mango habanero hot sauce. Anyone with a food processor can make this dish. All you need is:
- 6-10 Habanero Peppers with seeds
- 1 whole white onions
- 2tbs of white vinegar
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Fresh Ginger—small to medium piece
- Lemon Juice
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Ripe Haitian Mangoes (or regular Mangoes)
- 1 cup of water
- Olive oil
- Latex gloves (you’ll thank me. Habanero peppers are nothing to play with)
- Rough chop all of your ingredients… garlic, peppers, onions, cilantro, mangoes and ginger
- Add ingredients into food processor—onions, garlic, cilantro, hot peppers, and ginger BUT set the mangoes aside
- Turn on food processor and blend until in becomes a paste
- Now add mangoes, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add final ingredients and blend until it becomes a paste.
- Add cup of water and blend again.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and add hot sauce
- Bring hot sauce to a boil
- Taste and add any honey, lemon juice, or water that it may need.
- Chill, bottle, and store. Use when you like.
*Note: This is a very POTENT hot sauce. Handle with care and feel free to use less peppers if you like. The lemon juice and honey will help cut through the spiciness, but you know your own threshold. Cooking the hot sauce releases the natural oils in the habanero peppers. The mangoes and honey gives the sauce a sweet undertone. The sauce goes great on chicken wings. Whenever I make spicy mango habanero chicken wings, I add more honey so caramelizes when I bake them. Enjoy this sauce, and feel free to ask me any questions!