My grandmother used to always say that anything with pork just tastes better… She’s right (sometimes!) lol… Here is my own personal creation that actually happened on accident. I was making a HUGE dinner for my friends-giving back in November when I realized that a lot of the proteins (meats) I had prepared had similar flavor profiles. I added a pork dish last minute and decided to make it on the sweet side since pork grabs on to sweet flavors pretty nicely. Therefore, here you have my Honey Glazed Pork Chops… ENJOY!
- Thick cut pork chops with bone (Has so much more flavor than boneless!)
- Garlic (Lots of it)
- Brown sugar
- Adobo/Seasoning Salt
- Cumin (a little goes a long way!)
- Green Peppers
- Orange juice (freshly squeezed or your favorite OJ) … no this is not a typo
- Latex gloves… (you’ll thank me later)
- Dice up onions and green peppers very finely
- Mashed up half to a whole head of garlic depending on how many pork chops you have. Use a mortar and pestle
- Now season the pork chops with the seasoning salt, pinch of cumin, oregano, onions, pepper, and garlic.
- Mix and distribute thoroughly.
- Now put on your latex gloves and add brown sugar, honey, juice of a whole lime, and juice of a whole orange or 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of orange juice.
- Massage honey and latest seasonings into the meat. (See why you need the gloves!)
- Once thoroughly rubbed, cover meat and let marinade in the refrigerator overnight or at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Now heat up skillet with oil and add meat once hot. Brown the pork chops and then place in a baking pan and finish cooking in the oven. Place the remaining marinade into the baking pan (Gravy baby!)
Bake pork chops covered for the first 20-30 minutes basting it from time to time with the gravy. For the last 10 to 15 minutes, cook uncovered. Don’t let them dry out… ENJOY!