Sunday dinners are my favorite! I live for them. Today I made some homemade chicken meatballs in a sweet white wine marinara sauce. It’s my original recipe. I hope you enjoy! I’ve added some interesting ways to reinvent these meatballs down below at the end
- Ground chicken
- basil flakes
- parsley flakes
- garlic (fresh or powder)
- Fresh Parmesan cheese (or a shredded mix of Italian cheeses- Parm, Asiago, & Mozzarella)
- One egg
1. Season chicken with LOTS of basil, some parsley, oregano, garlic, garlic, pepper, and salt to taste. Add half an egg, breadcrumbs, and cheese. Mix meat. For best results, massage meat with your hands— yes you will have to get dirty no matter what!
2. Roll meatballs into desired sizes. (I like bite size meatballs) Make sure you sprinkle some breadcrumbs onto the tray where you are going to let them rest.
3. Place tray in the refrigerator and let them rest.
4. Once they’ve rested for a while, heat a skillet and place meatballs and cook the exterior until nice and golden brown. They lower heat so that the inside of the meatballs can cook thoroughly.
5. Once they all have a nice golden brown color add your favorite sauce or make your own whichever you prefer and continue to cook the meatballs in the sauce. Season your sauce to your desire. I added the same herbs I used for the meatballs, brown sugar, and white wine (sauvignon blanc)
6. Serve over pasta and enjoy!
** Note** I used ground chicken because I wanted a healthy dish. I also use ground Turkey, which is just as delicious. I also like to make Cajun meatballs, which is the same recipe just add- hot pepper flakes, paprika, cayenne pepper, and chili powder. If you want to make it really fun, mix in some ground sausage. You can’t go wrong with these recipes!! Enjoy!