The holidays came and went and with it some of our favorite family recipes! One of my favorites is my grandmother’s potato salad which is a must have at EVERY family function— holiday or no holiday! Below you will find my family recipe for potato salad (a favorite for all!) Enjoy!
- red onions
- white vinegar
- Hellman’s mayonnaise (yes we specify in my house!)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Dice whole onion nice and small and then pickle them in a bowl with white vinegar and place in the refrigerator.
- Now boil potatoes and once the water begins to boil, add eggs (at room temperature!) into the water. Boil eggs for 15 minutes for perfect hard boiled eggs
- Remove eggs after the 15 minutes
- Check the potatoes and make sure that they are cooked through but not too soft (we’re not making mashed potatoes! We want some lumps… but cooked ones!)
- Peel eggs and dice eggs up really small
- Drain water from the potatoes and let cool for a little bit before you begin to peel them
- Use a rag to hold the hot potatoes while you peel the potatoes and dice them up small
- Now add the diced up eggs and onions leaving behind the vinegar. Lightly mix adding some of the vinegar, salt and pepper along the way.
- Add mayonnaise and continue to mix.
- Season to taste if anything is missing and add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil at the end.
- Chill and serve cold. ENJOY!!!